Barbara over at Suffering With Joy tagged me in the “Why I love Jesus” meme. It is a perfect meme for Lent. Here are the ground rules:
- Those tagged will share 5 things they “love” about Jesus
- Those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers
- Those tagged will provide a link in the comment section here with their names (and responses) so that others can read them.
Having given the rules, I am going to break them by combining this meme with this week’s “Top Ten Tuesday” contribution and offer 10 reasons I love Jesus instead of 5:
1. He was born in a manger, in poverty, for my sake.
2. He lived 30 years in silence and obedience and humility for my sake.
3. He spent 3 years preaching and teaching and healing and performing miracles for my sake.
4. He endured great suffering and pain before dying a horrible death for my sake.
5. He rose again in His own power, spent 40 days more on earth and Ascended into Heaven for my sake.
6. He sent the power of the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Confirmation, given His Body in the Eucharist and strength in the Sacrament of Confession, for my sake.
7. He has given the Scriptures, His Living Word, as spiritual nourishment and food, for my sake.
8. He is ALWAYS there for me, loving me and showing me His infinite love and mercy.
10. He has given me the example of His mother and all the saints to help me understand what it means to love Him back!
In short, I love Jesus because He is EVERYTHING to me: my Savior, my Healer, my Friend, my Guide, my Truth, my ALL. Loving Jesus absolutely works for me! By the way, Jesus did all of the above not only for my sake, but for YOURS. Why do you love Jesus?
Anne at Living in the Two Hearts
Kathleen at So Much to Say, so Little Time
Joann at Into Stillness
Jen at the Big Binder
Angela at Free Spirit Haven