One of the things we are doing is trying to memorize scripture with Andrew. We want him to develop a love of scripture, encourage character development and promote growth of virtue. Normally, we make it part of our home-schooling day, but I’ve slacked off a bit over the summer.
It is a lot of fun learning scripture with Andrew! We make a game of it and we take turns testing each other. He gets a real kick out of “being the “teacher”. lol!
With our home-school starting up again, we are getting back on track. Here some of the scripture verses that we will be working on memorizing over this school year:
1. Colossians 3:20 “Children obey your parents in everything for this is pleasing to the Lord.”
2. Exodus 24:7 “All that the Lord has spoken we will do.”
3. Psalm 111:10 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.”
4. 1 John 4:8 “God is love.”
5. Ephesians 6:11 “Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.”
6. Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
7. Proverbs 4:23 “Above all else, guard your heart, as it is the wellspring of life.”
8. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave us His only begotten Son; so that anyone who believes in Him may not perish, but may have eternal life.”
9. Isaiah 41:10 “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
10. Psalm 107:1 “Give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His mercy endures forever.”
What about you? What are your favorite scripture verses? What favorite scripture verses are you memorizing with your family? Do share in the comments!
UPDATE: I made a PDF out of these scripture verses in case you wanted to memorize some (or all) of them with your family. Rather than writing each one out, feel free to print out the PDF here.