Note: I am reposting this with the express intention of highlighting the COMMENTS. Lots of people chimed in with their own ideas/recipes over the last couple of years, so if you haven’t checked them out, scroll down and please do!
Do you find it challenging trying to come up with meatless meals each Friday of Lent that doesn’t consist of fish or pizza? I do. And for our family, we don’t eat meat on any Friday of the year, so it can be particularly difficult to not fall into a rut of eating the same thing every week.
So, to spark some ideas for you here’s a small list of our favorite meatless recipes. (Click on the recipe to go to its recipe instructions.)
1. Macaroni and Cheese. This is my sister-in-law’s recipe. Not only is tasty, it is SUPER easy to make.
2. Lentils: lentil Soup, lentils with rice or Honey Baked Lentils. (addition: As noted in the comments, this is a DELICIOUS way to eat lentils. 🙂 )
3. Egg Balls. (Yeah, sounds weird I know, but it is delicious! You just have to try it to believe me!)
4. Peas and Macaroni. This is my mother-in-law’s recipe.
5. 5 Can Soup. I got this recipe a long time ago from some friends in Ohio.
7. Potato Pancakes. This is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.
8. Beans and Macaroni. Another delish recipe from my mother-in-law.
9. Ratatouille. A classic French dish but easy to make.
10. Vegetarian Lasagna. Yum!
Other meal ideas would include, eggplant Parmesan; tuna casserole; cereal or other meatless breakfast food (such as pancakes, french toast, oatmeal – who says you can’t have breakfast for dinner?!); veggie burgers and vegetarian chili.
What are your favorite vegetarian and/or meatless meals for Lent?
Tweetable: 10 Meatless Meals for Lent
(Linked to Sunday Snippets)