If you haven’t noticed, I’ve been offering a different recipe each week. Today’s recipe is one of my favorites. It is a fruit tart recipe that my aunt has been making for as long as I can remember. Traditionally she always made them for Thanksgiving and Christmas; but, now that I’m an adult and have the recipe, I don’t have to wait as long to get them. Enjoy!
Recipe: Individual Fruit Tarts
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 package individual graham cracker crusts
- 1 can of your choice of fruit (pie) filling
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with hand-held mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla until well mixed.
- Spoon mixture into the tart shells and chill until firm.
- When ready to eat, spoon the fruit filling on top of the tart and enjoy.
- We usually have a few fruit filling choices available and allow each person to pick their own. Our favorites are cherry and blueberry.
- For an extra sweetness, add a dollop of whipped cream on top!
(P.S. I haven’t made this in a while, so I don’t have a picture. Sorry!)
Other recipes you might like:
(Linked to Recipe Roundtable. Go link up your recipe, too!)