This simple and tasty recipe is one of our favorites. For St. Patrick’s day (or any time) you can easily substitute corned beef for the ham. (This is another one of the recipes in my slow-cooker cook book.)
Ham and Cabbage
1 medium-size cabbage cut into large chunks
2-3 carrots, sliced
1 onion, sliced
2-3 potatoes, cut into large cubes
2 bay leaves
4 lb smoked ham
½ cup water
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1. Place vegetables and bay leaves in bottom of slow-cooker.
2. Place ham on top and pour water over it.
3. Sprinkle the brown sugar and then dry mustard over ham.
4. Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hours.
5. Remove bay leaves and pour juices over ham and vegetables before serving.
(Linked to Recipe Roundtable.)
Other recipes you may enjoy: