This recipe is a family favorite and one of the recipes included in my new upcoming eBook (“Simply Scrumptious Slow-Cooker Recipes”). I usually serve this with cornbread and sometimes over rice.
Recipe: Slow-Cooker Chili
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 can chili beans (undrained)
- 1 can pinto beans (undrained)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon each thyme and salt
- ½ teaspoon each cumin and oregano
- ¼ teaspoon each dry mustard and black pepper
- Sauté ground beef, onion and green pepper in skillet until meat is browned. Drain off grease.
- Pour meat into slow-cooker and add remaining ingredients.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cover. Cook on low 8 hours.
- Stir before serving over rice or with cornbread.
- Add your favorite toppings such as sour cream, cheddar cheese or chopped green onion over each bowl of cooked chili.