We all know that Christmas time is a popular time for giving money to our favorite organizations. Right before the year’s end is usually someone’s last chance to donate in order to get his or her tax break. If this is you and you are looking for organizations, I’ve got some great suggestions. 🙂 All of these suggestions are for organizations either directly or indirectly support life in all its stages.
Also, don’t forget to donate during other times of the year, too. These and all charitable organizations need help year round!
2. Sisters of Life. They do a wonderful work of taking in pregnant woman and giving them practical assistance. They also host retreats and other pro-life activities.
3. March for Life. They are the organization the organizes and runs the annual march for life each January in Washington, DC.
4. American Life League. ALL tackles all aspects of pro-life issues and offer how-tos, news, and ways to get involved in the pro-life movement.
5. Life Legal Defense Foundation. As its name suggests, Life Legal Defense Foundation is an organization of volunteer attorneys who deal with life issues from a legal standpoint.
6. Focus on the Family. Focus on the Family is a well-known Christian ministry dealing will all issues of family life.
7. Human Life International. HLI is one of the largest pro-life organizations in the world. It is a teaching apostolate that empowers local pro-life leaders around the world.
8. Priests for Life. Priests for Life is a wonderful organization, founded by Father Frank Pavone. Their website is a wealth of information regarding all things pro-life.*
9. Rachel’s Vineyard. Rachel’s Vineyard is a healing ministry for those who have been affected by abortion: the women who have had them, the fathers, the grandparents; all those who are secretly mourning the loss of the aborted child.
10. Citizen Link. Citizen Link (an affiliate of Focus on the Family) is a family advocacy group. They empower everyday people to let their voice be heard about critical issues regarding the sanctity of human life.
Your turn: what are your favorite charities?
Tweetable: Prolife Charities Worthy of Support
Want a printable version of this list? Go here. (Subscribers, go to your private page for this printable.)
*A reader, in the comments, expressed her negative experience with Priest for Life so I looked up their charity rating: http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=6438#.VfwLuJcer-s. My experience with them have always been positive, but use your own discretion in deciding to support this group or not.