One of the best things about the Advent/Christmas season is being able to cuddle up as a family and watch Christmas movies. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Elf. No matter how many times I watch this movie I always laugh like crazy!
2. It’s a Wonderful Life. Need I say more? This is a classic.
3. Miracle on 34th Street. The original one. (In my opinion the remake stinks.)
4. Scrooge. I few Christmases ago I made it my “mission” to watch every version of a Christmas Carol that I could find. The George C Scott version is by far a favorite; but, we really enjoy the musical version even better. (Watch out, though: during Scrooge’s time with the 3rd ghost he goes to hell which MAY be a little scary for the little ones.)
5. March of the Wooden Solders. I guess this movie isn’t for everyone. I remember watching this on TV every year as a little girl; but it hasn’t been on TV for years. Too, bad!
6. White Christmas. A fun, light-hearted Christmas movie with great music!
7. A Charlie Brown Christmas. Okay, not exactly a movie; but, who DOESN’T love a little Charlie Brown? And the Christmas play scene of the nativity is one of the most touching I’ve ever seen.
8. Last Holiday. This is a definite “chick-flick” but fun to watch!
9. The Star of Bethlehem. Not a movie, but a documentary “proving” the existence of the Star of Bethlehem and birth of Christ. A real eye-opener!
10. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. (And Frosty the Snowman, and Santa Clause is coming to town…) No list would be complete without these classics, even if they aren’t movies in the traditional sense!
What’s your favorite Christmas move? Do share!
(Contains affiliate links, see my disclosure page for details.)